|Black breasted Buzzard|
Bookings also being taken for 2021.
- Best birding sites in and around the greater Townsville ‘dry tropics’ area, including the Town Common and Mundingburra’s Bush Garden
- Opportunities for spotlighting for nocturnal birds and animals such as Barking Owl and Large tailed Nightjar.
- ‘True Outback’ birding in Mulga, Mallee, Spinifex and Riverine vegetation
- The opportunity to see arid land specialty species such as Rusty Grasswren, Rufous crowned Emu-wren, Kalkadoon Grasswren and Spinifexbird plus a great variety of outback bird species such as Pied Honeyeater, Painted Honeyeater, Hall’s Babbler, Splendid Wren, Emu – to name a few.
- Viewing a range of animals such as Red Kangaroo, Purple-neck Rock Wallaby & Crocodiles
- Learning about ancient Australia through visiting Winton’s Age of Dinosaur Museum, Lark Quarry and Hughendon [home of the Muttaburrasaurus] plus the Riversleigh displays in Mt Isa.
- Visiting the famous Walkabout Creek Hotel from the Crocodile Dundee films plus the Combo Waterhole – reputedly the location Banjo Paterson visited and based his most famous song,’ Waltzing Matilda’
- visiting the oasis of Lawn Hill Gorge National Park, home of the beautiful Purple crowned Fiary wren
- Mangrove specialty species on the Gulf of Carpentaria near Karumba
- Outback birding near Georgetown
- Lowland rainforest with the chance to see Cassowary at Mission Beach
- Opportunities to see many of the endemic birds of the Wet Tropics when we visit the rainforest area of Paluma.
- Expected bird list of over 250 species.
|female Zebra Finch|
|Red winged Parrot|
|Bower's Shrike thrush|
Email Ken Cross to join this safari at email@example.com
*All pictures are by Paul Fraser or Cecile Espigole